|Origin of Name
||From the Old English word geolo, meaning yellow
|Date and Place of Discovery
||Known to the ancients, circa 3,000 B.C.
- It is found in copper ores and from the curst of the earth.
- It is the most malleable and ductile metal.
- Indians believe that a wedding without gold isn't a wedding.
- A radioactive isotope of gold (gold-198) is used for treating cancer.
- Gold sodium thiosulfate (AuNa3O6S4) is used to treat arthritis.
- Chloroauric acid (HAuCl4) is used to preserve photographs.