|Origin of Name
||From the Latin word nitens, meaning shining
|Date and Place of Discovery
||In 1900 in Halle, Germany
Friedrich Ernst Dorn
- It is one of the heaviest gases.
- It is considered a health hazard.
- It exists in the decay of radium.
- Mineral springs in
Misasa, Japan, and
Germany are rich in radium and emit radon.
- The second most frequent cause of lung cancer behind cigarettes.
- Radon therapy has been used in some spa resorts around the world, but there has never
been any proof that there are beneficial effects from radon therapy.
- Indicator of ground water
- Earthquake predictor
- Geothermal prospecting