|Origin of Name
||From the Greek word technetos, meaning artificial
|Date and Place of Discovery
||In 1937 in Italy
||Carlo Perrier and Emilio Segre
- Technetium fluoride (TcF6)
- Technetium sulphide (TcS2)
- It was one of the elements that was predicted before it was discovered based upon the
pattern discovered by Mendeleev.
- It was original named masurium.
- When discovered in 1937 it was found in a sample of molybdenum.
- It was the first element to be produced artificially.
- It is a radioactive metal which must be kept in closed systems.
- It is unstable.
- It is not normally found in the human body.
- Radioactive tracing in medicine
- Nuclear medicine
- Corrosion inhibitor